Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Back in the saddle



Summer has finally arrived and its lured my back onto my bike after a while off.  I'm taking things easy, not actually training for anything specific and not following a rigid plan, just riding as I feel.

That said I wouldn't be me if I didn't have some sort of goal in mind so I've decided to see how close I can get to my peak fitness form and set at least a few PBs. Should be interesting, given I've had a couple of years off and am now more mid than early 50s so firmly in the "masters" category. 

WKO makes tracking this goal quite easy, It's all captured in the picture above, the dotted line are my PBs over the past 2 weeks, the solid is all time PB. 




Above 1.30 there's quite a gulf, with 100W difference. But around 20s things are not so different. Couple of reasons for this, I always slacked at these in the past and this time I've been trying out a few high intensity intervals. 


I'll focus on this area first, then see how things progress.


No comments: